Monday, February 4, 2013

Now that the office has been built, the great job or re-organizing the tools and supplies downstairs is taking place. The other day I went down to give advise and confirm how some shelves where going up. The task could have been completed with only 1 pair of hands but I jumped in to help my dad. Closely observing him, I leaned over to hand him screws and brackets. This took me back to the 2 1/2 yrs that I worked with him on the field.


Christmas 2009 after a chain of events found me and my sister drafted as my dads new field hands. Not knowing much about air conditioning, the best I could do was watch intensely and hope to learn something. As I got more and more familiar with the jobs and typical protocol for repairs, I was able to anticipate what might be needed to complete a job. I thrived on this 'anticipation game' and tried as hard as I could to have the tool/part or what-have-you ready for my dad before he even asked for it. It was a great satisfaction to me that even though I couldn't necessarily perform the repair I could be a time saver. This time also taught me much about this man that God had placed in my life. Even though I majorly disliked [and still do] close to every aspect of being an air conditioning technician, helping my dad on a day-today bases has been missed.


Organized storage!


1 comment:

Dad said...

Yes you are a BIG help.
Love Dad