Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet Rebel

My new camera!


In the short days before our vacation I had the impulse thought that "Oh, no! I don't want to travel half way around the world to find out that Sarah's camera won't work." [as her camera has of late been throwing some fits] So I went on the look out for a DSLR camera [whatever that is]. I took my very knowledgeable sister for a tour around various stores asking her about each interesting camera. Numbers and ISO things and pixels swarmed in my head. Golly, no one told me it would be this difficult! After three days of tossing around ideas of getting a cheap-disposable type camera or expensive-hard-to-understand-good-quality camera, I still didn't know what to do. This was mainly because I have done little research on cameras. Finally, I decided to purchase from my favorite store [Costco] and got the Canon Rebel T3i combo pack which equals out to be 2 lenses, a camera bag, camera body, and other things. I have spent my extra hours at night fiddling with it and trying to figure out how it works. 


Sarah and I spent this past weekend packing all the gifts up. I was very much relieved to have this accomplished as it also meant that we had figured out what clothes to take. We fit everything into 2 carry-on's and 1 that we'll check thru. We desided to continue in our mothers shoes and eliminate as many things for ourselves as possible. Our clothes, for example all fit into 1 gallon bags, 3 bags for each of us. Also packed away are some Chick tracts I got. I was able to find them in Spanish, French, and Swahili. This will be very exciting to reach people that I might otherwise not be able to. 

Swahili Tract


2 comments:

A.M said...

Yeah how exciting!!!! That is the exact camera we bought, it's been wonderful for us :) and chick tracts are great ;D Where are you going? Are you gonna stop by the mainland? We'd love to see you!

Love---Abby

Ellie said...

All the way to Spain and then down to Rwanda. Unfortunatly our layovers are in LAX and ATL :( Maybe next time?